FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION
Minority Corporate Counsel Association to Host 2015 Diversity Gala
MCCA celebrates Lifetime Achievement Honoree Deval L. Patrick, Former Governor of Massachusetts
Washington, D.C. —On June 30, 2015, the Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA), will host its annual MCCA Diversity Gala, the premier national awards program that honors leading corporate law departments and individuals who champion diversity and inclusion. The gala will begin with a welcome reception, followed by awards and a live performance by the Dance Theatre of Harlem.
The honorees of the evening will be the Hon. Deval L. Patrick, former Governor of Massachusetts, who will receive the 2015 MCCA Lifetime Achievement Award for his tireless work in support of diversity efforts, as well as the following 2015 MCCA Employer of Choice Awardees who have a commitment to and succeeded at creating and maintaining an inclusive corporate legal department:
- Brian P. Brooks, Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Fannie Mae, for the Mid-Atlantic Region
- Simon Fish, BMO Financial Group, for the Midwest Region
- Tony Morrow, Senior Vice President, Division General Counsel, Darden Restaurants, for the South Region
- Russell C. Swartz, Senior Vice President & General Counsel, Southern California Edison Company, for the West Region
- Sheila K. Davidson, Executive Vice President, Chief Legal Officer & General Counsel, New York Life Insurance Company, for the Northeast Region
Richard Lui, MSNBC and NBC News Anchor, will host the evening’s festivities, and Brad Smith, Microsoft Corporation, Executive Vice President and General Counsel of Legal and Corporate Affairs, will deliver the keynote address.
What:Minority Corporate Counsel Association 2015 Annual Diversity Gala
- Joseph K. West, President & CEO, Minority Corporate Counsel Association
- Hon. Deval L. Patrick, Former Massachusetts Governor, Lifetime Achievement Honoree
- Brad Smith, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Legal and Corporate Affairs, Microsoft Corporation
- Virginia Johnson, Artistic Director, Dance Theater of Harlem
- Richard Lui, MSNBC & NBC News Anchor, Host
Where: Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
2700 F St. N.W.
Washington, DC, 20566
When: Tuesday, June 30, 2015
6:00 PM – 9:30 PM
- All media must register with Marcela Salazar via email at email@example.com (202) 587-4946, to get conference credentials and media release form.
- Please note: no videography or recording devices are allowed on the Kennedy Center premises. Media and photographers will have a designated seat in the front.
- All media photographers must fill out the Kennedy Center’s Limited Consent for Still Photography form, found here. The form must scanned and emailed to Gabi Huesca, firstname.lastname@example.org, (202) 587-4946, no later than 72 hours before June 30, 2015.