Firms of all sizes may join FAN, however, MCCA requires an express commitment to the following 10 Basic Principles, which MCCA research has determined to be hallmarks to advancing diversity.
At the conclusion of the first year of membership, the renewal process will require law firms to share the firm’s efforts to further the 10 Basic Principles.
- Regular communications from senior law firm management to all employees about the importance of diversity.
- Fully-inclusive non-discrimination policy.
- Existence of a formal diversity plan and a standing diversity committee or team.
- Possess a goal to increase the number of diverse attorneys at all levels and across all practice areas.
- Inclusion of diverse attorneys on key client pitches and business development opportunities and when new business results, inclusion of these attorneys on the actual assignments.
- Management and monitoring of work allocation and/or hours billed to ensure diverse attorneys have equal access/inclusion on top client matters and quality work assignments.
- A mentoring program which considers the needs of diverse attorneys.
- Adoption of viable work/life balance and flextime programs.
- Demonstrated support of minority bar associations.
- Participation in the Annual Vault/MCCA Guide to Law Firm Diversity survey where applicable.
Let MCCA help strengthen your firm’s diversity efforts. Apply to become a law firm affiliate today.