Careers @ MCCA
Membership and Development Manager
Reports To: Counsel, Director of Development and Training
FLSA Status: Exempt Position
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA) was founded in 1997 to advocate for the expanded hiring, retention, and promotion of diverse attorneys in corporate law departments and the law firms that serve them. MCCA furthers its mission through the collection and dissemination of information about diversity in the legal profession. MCCA takes an inclusive approach to the definition of “diversity.” Therefore, its research addresses issues of race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability status, and generational differences which impact the legal profession’s workforce.
The Membership and Development Manager will plan, direct, coordinate and administer MCCA’s membership process. S/he will be responsible for implementing membership development strategies, renewal processes, and communicating benefits to members and potential members. This individual will work closely with the Counsel, Director of Development and Training to understand, articulate and respond to the needs of members while enhancing MCCA’S earned revenues through business development and sponsorships.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement strategies for renewing annual support of current members and sponsors, including management of member/sponsor communications and the association’s promotional materials.
- Evaluate effectiveness of development strategies, such as membership fee structures, membership services, benefits, and policies relating to retention of current members and acquisition of new members.
- Partner with the Events and Marketing teams to create sponsorship strategies, sponsor outreach and securing financial support for all MCCA events.
- Manage the membership database system to insure the accuracy of members’ records and reports while maintaining the overall integrity of the database.
- Analyze membership data and identify trends and opportunities within membership.
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining member participation and engagement statistics by creating reports and spreadsheets that clearly illustrate member involvement in MCCA.
- Assist with overall promotion and selection process for Employer of Choice Awards, Thomas L. Sager Awards, George B. Vashon Innovator Awards and Paula L. Ettelbrick Award nominations.
- Represent association at professional networking events and conferences.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university required preferably with a business or marketing degree.
- Five to eight years of experience with non-profit fundraising and development and/or private sector marketing and sales.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical thinker who can manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong project management and organization skills.
- Adept at using membership database systems and understanding of analyzing and utilizing data metrics; experience with Salesforce a plus.
- A self-starter who can anticipate issues and address them proactively by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
Interested individuals should send a letter of interest describing qualifications to complete scope of work outlined above, a current resume and salary to email@example.com. Kindly reference Membership and Development Manager in the subject line.