Careers @ MCCA
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
FLSA Status: Exempt Position
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA) was founded in 1997 to advocate for the expanded hiring, retention, and promotion of minority attorneys in corporate law departments and the law firms that serve them. Through the collection and dissemination of information about diversity in the legal profession, MCCA takes an inclusive approach to the definition of “diversity.” Our research addresses issues of race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability status, and generational differences which impact the legal profession’s workforce.
This is an engaged, hands-on role where you will manage a wide spectrum of accounting needs, giving you a unique view of the entire enterprise. In this newly created Senior Accountant position, you will support the chief operating officer (COO) of our small organization to ensure the continuation of clean audits. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the timely and accurate reporting of monthly billing and closings, monthly and quarterly reporting, payroll, budgeting, expense entries, deposits, and credit card reconciliation. This role requires exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail. We have proficient accounting processes and will rely on you to keep things running accurately, efficiently, and on time.
- Oversee all aspects of accounting, entry and processing, complete monthly closings, payroll, budgeting, expense entries, deposits and more.
- Compile, review, analyze, and record financial information to the general ledger.
- Partner with the Events and Marketing teams to create sponsorship strategies, sponsor outreach and securing financial support for all MCCA events.
- Track and monthly process reports for outstanding accounts receivables.
- Deliver on-time reporting, to include monthly close and quarterly Board reports.
- Assist the COO with trend analysis for budgeting and cash flow forecasting.
- Research and prepare information for annual 1099 tax filings.
- Prepare and maintain budget spreadsheets, including expected expenses and variances.
- 3+ years of professional accounting experience, ideally in a nonprofit or association.
- Bachelor’s degree is required (ideally in Accounting, Finance, or a related field).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Experience with QuickBooks, ADP software, Salesforce, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, or ABC Accounting Software is a plus.
- Experience with budgeting, cash flow management, or grant accounting is a plus, but not required.
- Detail oriented. Your impeccable work style sets the standard. You have command of both the process and the details. You get it done right the first time.
- Organized. Your attention to detail is supported by your meticulous organizational skills. You appreciate order and know how to achieve it efficiently.
- Business savvy. You can also see the big picture and understand how the details relate to the overall mission of the organization.
- Flexible and capable. You manage changing priorities without difficulty and get the job done. You do whatever it takes, and are consistent with your follow-through.
- Problem solver. You dive in without being asked and you work with a sense of urgency. You are approachable, flexible, and responsive.
- Discrete. While you are friendly to all, you divulge nothing confidential to anyone and never give the impression to anyone that you are holding any confidential information.
- Customer oriented. You cooperate easily with staff, vendors, and clients working as a positive team player. You have a strong enthusiasm for customer service.
- Scrupulous, ethical, and honest. You are beyond reproach in business dealings. Internally and externally, you are known to be reliable, accountable, and trustworthy.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- We have a strong staff who are dependable, passionate about our mission, welcoming, and willing to work together. At MCCA, you will have the resources you need to succeed.
- There is room to grow. You will report to a manager who is seasoned and willing to mentor you in all aspects of financial planning and analysis.
- Our culture encourages a healthy work / life balance. You will be able to leave work at work and will not be required to be “on-call” once you leave the office.
- This role will broaden your horizons. Working at MCCA will give you the opportunity to interact with elite partners of law firms and General Counsel of Fortune 500 companies.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits to include medical and dental insurance, transportation allowance, 15 days paid vacation, holidays, short-term and long-term insurance and more.
Simply email your resume to Aileen Hedden at resumes@StaffingAdvisors.com with “MCCA –Senior Accountant/2017-2194 CW” in the subject line of the email.
Staffing Advisors is committed to helping our clients create a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Some positions may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.